News - October 30, 2014

Michael Eavis rules out Fleetwood Mac and Queen for Glastonbury 2015
by Tom
Tom
by Tom hmv London, Bio hmv.com Editor. Peanut butter, punk rock and pillows.

Michael Eavis rules out Fleetwood Mac and Queen for Glastonbury 2015

Michael Eavis has now ruled out both Fleetwood Mac and Queen as potential headliners for next year's Glastonbury Festival. 

Fleetwood Mac had been the bookies' favourite after Eavis had previously said during last year's festival: "We’ve got three headliners already and that’s without Prince. We’ve got some good headliners. We had an agent [for a band] yesterday on the platform by the stage watching Metallica with me, saying ‘My band want to do it next year’. Is it a British artist? He’s definitely British, but the band are not British any more."

But now, in an interview with Music Week, Eavis has ruled out the iconic rockers headlining the Pyramid Stage, saying they're unavailable. 

He said: "Queen? Not Queen, no. Fleetwood Mac don't seem to be available at the moment. But we've got three excellent headliners for next year."

He went on to confirm that one of the three artists has "been around for a long time" and that all three names will be announced on April 1. 

Other artists who are favourite with bookmakers to headline the event including AC/DC, Muse and Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds. 

Rumours
Rumours Fleetwood Mac

More Articles

View All