Slipknot's 'The Negative One' voted best guitar riff of 2014
Slipknot's 'The Negative One' features the best guitar riff of 2014, according to the readers of guitar bible Total Guitar.
The track, which was released ahead of the band's long-awaited fifth album .5: The Gray Chapter (which you can preview on the right of the page), beat out the likes of Slash, Mastodon and Royal Blood to take the prize.
The former Guns N' Roses' axeman was second with his new cut 'Withered Delilah', while Mastodon came in third with 'The Motherload', Royal Blood and Steel Panther made up the rest of the top five, with Jack White, Rival Sons, Machine Head and The Black Keys also featuring in the top nine.
The best riffs of 2014, as voted for by the readers of Total Guitar, are as follows:
1. Slipknot - 'The Negative One'
2. Slash - 'Withered Delilah'
3. Mastodon - 'The Motherload'
4. Royal Blood - 'Little Monster'
5. Steel Panther - 'Gloryhole'
6. Jack White - 'Lazaretto'
7. Rival Sons - 'Electric Man'
8. Machine Head - 'Beneath The Slit'
9. The Black Keys - 'Turn Blue'