News - January 12, 2016

George Miller: "I won't do any more Mad Max films"
by Tom
Tom
by Tom hmv London, Bio hmv.com Editor. Peanut butter, punk rock and pillows.

George Miller: "I won't do any more Mad Max films"

George Miller has ruled out doing any more Mad Max movies. 

The director, who made 2015's hugely successful and much acclaimed Mad Max: Fury Road, had openly talked about a sequel, but now says he doesn't want to continue making movies in the series.

He told the New York Post's Page Six column: "I won’t make more Mad Max movies. I’ve shot in Australia in a field of wildflowers and flat red earth when it rained heavily forever. We had to wait 18 months and every return to the US was 27 hours. Those Mad Max's take forever. I won’t do those any more."

When asked earlier this year about the possibility of a sequel to Fury Road, Miller said to hmv.com that he had two scripts ready to go, he said: "They're written, we didn't intend to write them but we spent so much time creating the backstory for everybody and the world that we have two scripts ready to go but I have some other work to do before I go back into the wasteland. But we are talking about that with Warner Bros right now..."

His comments now suggest that he may well be willing to hand over the scripts to other directors as he focuses on other projects. 

Mad Max: Fury Road is available for purchase from our online store by clicking on the icon on the right-hand side of the page. 

Mad Max: Fury Road
Mad Max: Fury Road Mad Max: Fury Road

More Articles

View All