Horror: How hardcore are you?
Do you call yourself a horror fan? Are you partial to a bit of nightmare fuel? We know that horror movie fans are not like regular movie watchers, but just how hardcore a fan are you?
With Halloween quickly approaching, we’ve put together a quiz to test your knowledge of some of cinema's scariest moments, to see who will survive and what will be left of them.
*WARNING: This quiz isn’t for the faint-hearted
Still hungry for more horror film facts? Here’s some more to be going on with…
But, no peaking before you've done the quiz...
1. Swiss surrealist painter Hans Rudolf Giger was part of the special effects team that won an Academy Award for the design work on the film Alien.
2. 1999's The Blair Witch Project has made an impressive $248.6 million.
3. In 28 Weeks Later (2007) there are 307 deaths.
4. The classic scene in Misery whereby Annie Wilkes breaks Paul Sheldon’s legs with a sledgehammer is, in fact, a toned-down version of the book. In the novel, Annie cuts off his foot with an axe and burns the wound with a propane torch to seal it.
5. Psycho (1959) is a suspense novel by Robert Bloch. The story was adapted into Alfred Hitchcock's 1960 film of the same name.
6. Director of ‘The Ring’ Gore Verbinski, went on to direct Pirates of the Caribbean.
7. The Ring is a remake of the 1998 Japanese horror film Ring, which was based on the novel Ring by Koji Suzuki about a man who discovers a videotape that turns out to be cursed.
8. Since its release in 1999, The Sixth Sense has made a massive $672,806,292.
Head over to our online store for our range of horror movies merchandise!