News - April 19, 2016

James Cameron on Avatar sequels: "I don’t want to go head-to-head with Star Wars"
by Tom
Tom
by Tom hmv London, Bio hmv.com Editor. Peanut butter, punk rock and pillows.

James Cameron on Avatar sequels: "I don’t want to go head-to-head with Star Wars"

James Cameron has revealed that he won't be releasing any of his Avatar sequels up against any of the future Star Wars movies. 

Cameron announced last week that he would be adding a further sequel to the previously announced three movies, taking the total number to four and has now said he doesn't want to go up against any of the future Star Wars output. 

Speaking to Finnish site Famous Monsters, Cameron said of his release plan for the Avatar sequels: "My original plan was to release them a year apart, but we’re opening that up. If for no other reason than that I don’t want to land on the same date as one of the Star Wars sequels."

He went on: "That wouldn’t be fair to them. No, that’s just good business. I don’t want to go head-to-head with Star Wars. That would be stupid. And hopefully they won’t want to go head-to-head with us.”

The first sequel to Avatar will be released around in Christmas 2018, five months before Colin Trevorrow's Star Wars: Episode IX is due to hit cinemas. This will then be followed by Avatar 3 in 2020, Avatar 4 in 2022, and Avatar 5 in 2023. 

Avatar is available to purchase in hmv's online store by clicking on the icon on the right-hand side of the page. 

 

Avatar
Avatar James Cameron

More Articles

View All