News - August 16, 2017

Production on Mission: Impossible 6 shut down after Tom Cruise breaks ankle during filming
by Tom
Tom
by Tom hmv London, Bio hmv.com Editor. Peanut butter, punk rock and pillows.

Production on Mission: Impossible 6 shut down after Tom Cruise breaks ankle during filming

Production on Mission: Impossible 6 has been shut down indefinitely after Tom Cruise suffered serious injuries during filming. 

A source told The Sun that Cruise had broken two bones in his ankle after a stunt went wrong during filming over the weekend and will need a lengthy recovery period. 

The source said: "The injury is worse than was at first feared. Tom did serious damage and will need months to recover. He is the film’s biggest star and everything revolves around him. The movie’s bosses had no choice other than to postpone the filming.”

The film had been confirmed to arrive in cinemas on July 27th in 2018, but that will now not be possible. It is believed that producers are aiming for Christmas 2018 instead. 

Cruise will return in the new movie for a sixth turn as Ethan Hunt while Jeremy Renner, Simon Pegg and Rebecca Ferguson are both confirmed to come back for the new film. 

Henry Cavill and Angela Bassett join the cast for the new film, director Christopher McQuarrie, who made previous instalment Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation, will return to direct, a first for the series which had previously seen four different directors take charge. 

 

 

More Articles

View All