Fleetwood Mac to headline Isle Of Wight Festival next year
Fleetwood Mac have been confirmed as the first headliner of next summer's Isle Of Wight Festival.
The festival will take place from June 11th to June 14th next summer, with tickets from Friday (December 5th) at 9am. Fleetwood Mac will close the final night of the festival on June 14th.
The headline slot will be Fleetwood Mac's only festival appearance of 2015.
The event was headlined in 2014 by Kings Of Leon, Biffy Clyro and Red Hot Chili Peppers, with Calvin Harris, The Specials, The 1975, Rudimental, Suede, Fall Out Boy and Passenger also playing sets across the weekend.
Recently, Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham opened up about the band's plans for their brand new studio album.
Buckingham confirmed that he and keyboardist/singer McVie, who rejoined the band earlier this year, are exchanging song ideas.
The album will be the band's first since 2003's Say You Will, and their first with the iconic Rumours line-up that includes both Buckingham and McVie since 1987's Tango In The Night.
Speaking to the Wall Street Journal, Buckingham said that he and McVie had been working on new songs, but that Stevie Nicks had not contributed to the sessions yet.
Asked about the band's progress and plans for the album, he said: "We never envisioned finishing the album in the short term. We set it aside. Stevie will come in and participate. I have material I had been working on. There’s no danger that it will slip between the tracks. It’s too profound to.”
Then asked if the band would be playing new songs live, he added: "Once we finish it, we can think about going out and trying something new.”