Take That joke voted best new Christmas cracker joke of 2014
A Take That themed joke has been voted as the best new Christmas cracker joke for 2014.
The joke was sent in as part of a competition organised by TV Channel Gold and was written by Lynne Newton, who picked up a £1,500 prize for her joke, it read: "What will be missing from Take That’s Christmas stocking this year? An Orange."
The joke mocked Jason Orange's departure from Take That, which was announced earlier this year. He took no part in the recording of their new album III (which you can preview on the right of the page), meaning the boyband are now a trio for the first time in their history.
The rest of the Top 10 jokes, which includes gags about Luis Suarez and David Cameron, is as follows:
2. How does Luis Suárez like his Christmas dinner? Bite-sized.
3. What do the royal family play at Christmas instead of musical chairs? Game Of Thrones.
4. What did the Snowman say to the aggressive carrot? “Get out of my face.”
5. Why is Christmas a busy time for David Cameron? He’s got two parties to organise.
6. What’s the difference between Bono and Santa? Santa gives you things you want.
7. Why won’t Santa visit Nigel Farage? Because he only comes if you sleep, not if Ukip.
8. Why are snowmen rubbish at cricket? They’re always bowling snowballs.
9. I got a Ukip advent calendar. It’s rubbish, all the doors keep slamming shut.
10. Why is The Great British Bake Off like the nativity? Because the Star is in the Yeast.