Jennifer Lawrence named as world's highest paid actress for a second year running
Jennifer Lawrence has been named as the world's highest paid actress for a second year in succession.
According to Forbes, the star banked $46 million between June of 2015 and June of 2016, netting big money from her roles in X-Men: Apocalypse, the final instalment of The Hunger Games and Joy. Though still on top, Lawrence's earning fell by $6 million from her take home in 2015.
Melissa McCarthy, who scored a big payday with Ghostbusters and The Boss, was second with $33 million, with Scarlett Johansson third, Jennifer Aniston in fourth and Chinese actress Fan Bingbing in fifth.
Angelina Jolie, Reese Witherspoon, Kristen Stewart and Anne Hathaway have all lost their places in the Top 10, with Amy Adams, Mila Kunis, Charlize Theron and Bollywood star Deepika Padukpone taking their spots.
The 10 highest paid Actresses in the world are as follows:
1. Jennifer Lawrence ($46 million)
2. Melissa McCarthy ($33 million)
3. Scarlett Johansson ($25 million)
4. Jennifer Aniston ($21 million)
5. Fan Bingbing ($17 million)
6. Charlize Theron ($16.5 million)
7. Amy Adams ($13.5 million)
8. Julia Roberts ($12 million)
9. Mila Kunis ($11 million)
10. Deepika Padukpone ($10 milion)