News - January 9, 2020

The Oscars to go without a host for a second year
by Tom
Tom
by Tom hmv London, Bio hmv.com Editor. Peanut butter, punk rock and pillows.

The Oscars to go without a host for a second year

The Oscars are to go without a host for the second year in succession. 

The decision to not have a host for the ceremony in 2019 came after the abrupt departure of Kevin Hart, who had been booked to host the show. But organisers have decided to stick with the format for the 2020 ceremony. 

Karey Burke, entertainment president of ABC, which screens the ceremony, said during a press conference that there will be "no traditional host again" when the 2020 Academy Awards take place on February 9th.

"We expect that we're going to have a very commercial set of nominations and a lot of incredible elements have come together that make us think we are going to have a very entertaining show again," she said. 

The Oscars will take place on February 9th at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood, Los Angeles. 

Nominations for this year's event will be announced on Monday (January 13th). 

To check out hmv's range of award-winning movies and nominees in our online store, click here. 

More Articles

View All