Privacy and Cookies Policy
Privacy and Cookies Policy
We respect your right to privacy and are committed to protecting your information.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy sets out to define how we (including Affiliates) collect and safeguard your information as well as how we use this information to improve our products and services for the benefit of all our customers both online and in store.
The personal information you choose to share with us, along with data collected on how you use our Websites help us to better understand our customers as a group and as individuals. This then helps us to advise you on the products and services that meet your needs.
‘Affiliates’ means those companies listed under the Affiliate Details section (as may be amended from time to time).
‘Information Commissioner’ means the Information Commissioner’s Office in the United Kingdom.
‘Loyalty Card’ means the loyalty card provided to you when joining the Pure HMV Rewards Club. The Pure HMV Rewards Club is currently suspended.
‘Participating Retailers’ means retailers that participate in the Pure HMV Rewards Club and accept our Loyalty Card as part of this scheme. Please see Pure HMV’s Terms & Conditions for more information. The Pure HMV Rewards Club is currently suspended.
‘Privacy and Cookies Policy’ means this privacy and cookies policy as may be updated from time to time.
‘Pure HMV Rewards Club’ means the rewards club that was run and administered by Pure HMV Loyalty Limited. The Pure HMV Rewards Club is currently suspended.
‘United Kingdom’ means England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands.
‘us’, ‘we’, ‘our’ means Sunrise Records and Entertainment Limited. Please see the Company Details section for full company details.
‘Websites’ means collectively the websites at fopp.com, hmv.com, purehmv.com & store.hmv.com and individually each website (as relevant).
‘you’ and ‘your’ means a user of the Websites and/or Loyalty Card.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOW DO WE COLLECT IT?
We will at all times only collect and process your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2015 as amended, and any other applicable data protection legislation including the following;
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of our Websites (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and Website navigation paths);
- searches completed and preferences selected when using any of our Websites linked to this policy;
- information that you provide to us when registering with any of our Websites (including your name and email);
- information that you provide when you register with our Pure HMV Rewards Club (including your name, email, telephone, mobile and date of birth);
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email);
- information that you provide when completing your profile on any of our Websites (including your name, email, telephone, mobile and date of birth);
- information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or any other transactions that you enter into through any of our Websites (including your name, email, address, phone number and payment card details);
- information that you provide when you use our Loyalty Card, in whatever form, when you buy products or services from us (e.g. in-store or online), or take part in promotions, prize draws, competitions, customer surveys and questionnaires;
- information about your use of our Loyalty Card and purchases (including your credit or debit card details);
- in person e.g. when purchasing an item in a store operated by us;
- information that you give us when you contact us in writing or by phone; and
- any other personal information that you choose to send to us.
Finally, we may receive information about you from third parties who are legally entitled to disclose that information.
HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR DATA?
By using our Websites and/or Loyalty Card, you agree that your information may be used by us (and where relevant) by our Affiliates) for any of the following purposes:
- to process the delivery of goods ordered either online and/or in person e.g. when ordering an out of stock item in a store operated by us
- to manage and improve your experience of our Pure HMV Rewards Club and use of the Loyalty Card;
- to provide you with a personalised browsing experience when using our Websites;
- to fulfil any contractual agreements between you and us;
- when we have your consent, to send you details via email of other products and services which we think may interest you, or to conduct market research;
- when we have your consent, to send your details (including name, email, phone number, address and date of birth) to third parties who require this information to enable them to deliver or to provide to you any prizes you have won when entering our competitions or prize draws;
- to manage and operate any account that you hold with us;
- to understand your shopping behaviour in order to develop and improve our products and services;
- to process your purchases;
- to check and verify your identity and prevent and detect crime including any suspected fraudulent behaviour; and
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
We will only process your data for marketing purposes if you have given consent in the form of ticking the box when registering a new account, if you have opted in to receiving communications from us via your existing account settings, during the checkout process or you have signed up to one or more of our mailing lists via another means.
With your consent, we may contact you:
- with offers and information about our products and/or services;
- with offers and information about Participating Retailers products or services; and
- for customer research, e.g. to help improve our services.
You may indicate your consent to the above when signing up to our Pure HMV Rewards Club or on our Websites by ticking boxes indicating your consent.
You may opt-out from receiving marketing communications at any time by:
- following the opt-out instructions contained in the communications that we send you, such as clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link on any email newsletter that we send to you;
- changing your marketing preferences when logging into your account online at each Website (as relevant); or
- emailing us at the relevant email address in the Contact Us section below.
IS MY INFORMATION SHARED WITH ANYONE ELSE?
We will share your information with Affiliates where you join our Pure HMV Rewards Club (listed under Affiliate Details); delivery (listed under Affiliate Details) and payment providers (listed under Payment Providers) where you make a purchase on a Website.
We use your information only as set out in this Privacy and Cookies Policy and will not sell, rent or pass your information on to others for marketing purposes without your express consent. We may, however, share aggregated data with third parties in order to develop and enhance our Pure HMV Rewards Club and Loyalty Cards. This is statistical data which will not include information that could identify any individual.
We may also release account information where we believe in good faith that this release is reasonably necessary to comply with the law.
We may also disclose your information to third parties in connection with the sale, transfer or disposal of our business, provided that they continue to use your information substantially in accordance with the terms of this Privacy and Cookies Policy.
HOW LONG WILL MY DATA BE RETAINED?
We will keep your personal information only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we are processing your personal information unless the law permits or requires longer. For example, we might need to keep your personal data to assist with any warranties that may exist.
COOKIES & OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
HOW IS MY INFORMATION KEPT SAFE?
We follow strict technical and organisation security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information, which you have given us. This is to prevent the loss, unauthorised access or unlawful processing of your personal information. We keep your information confidential and store it on a secure server which is password protected, hidden behind a firewall from the outside world.
However, whilst we have used our best efforts to ensure the security of your data, please be aware that we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted over the Internet.
We (or Affiliates on our behalf) may store or process information that we collect about you within the European Economic Area adhering to the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2015 as amended, and any other applicable data protection legislation.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS?
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information, including the right to;
- request access to and obtain a copy of your personal information (Subject Access Request)
- rectification of your personal information if it is no longer accurate
- erasure of your personal information if our retention is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected
- restrict or object to the processing of your personal information (in certain circumstances)
- data portability (if applicable)
If you wish to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal information please send your request to us in writing via any of the following means;
- by email using address firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post, DATA PROTECTION OFFICER, SUNRISE RECORDS AND ENTERTAINMENT LIMITED, MERMAID HOUSE, PUDDLE DOCK, BLACKFRIARS, LONDON, EC4V 3DB
MISUSE OF PERSONAL DATA
You agree not to misuse any personal information available on our sites or to gather it or use robots or other automated scripts, codes or functionalities to do so.
If you have any questions about how we collect, store and use your information, you may contact us as below.
Sunrise Records and Entertainment Limited trading as HMV and FOPP, Mermaid House, Puddle Dock, Blackfriars, London, EC4V 3DB.
Store enquiries: email@example.com
Website enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Loyalty Card enquiries: email@example.com
Sunrise Records and Entertainment Limited trading as HMV and FOPP. Company number 11805729.
Registered office: 71 Francis Road, Edgbaston, Birmingham, B16 7SP
Principal place of business: Mermaid House, Puddle Dock Blackfriars, London, EC4V 3DB:
fopp.com is a website operated by Sunrise Records and Entertainment Limited.
hmv.com is a website operated by Sunrise Records and Entertainment Limited.
HMV and FOPP retail stores are operated by Sunrise Records and Entertainment Limited.
store.hmv.com was a website operated by HMV Ecommerce Limited. store.hmv.com is currently suspended.
purehmv.com was a website operated by Pure HMV Loyalty Limited. The Pure HMV Rewards Club is currently suspended.
See below list of all our current affiliates;
Encompass Print Limited incorporated and registered in England with company number 05858982, whose registered office is at ENCOMPASS HOUSE, MANNERS INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, 17 BIRKDALE CLOSE, ILKESTON, DERBYSHIRE, DE7 8YA.
Emarsys UK Limited incorporated and registered in England with company number 06892602, whose registered office is at 1ST FLOOR, FOCUS POINT REGENT QUARTER 21 CALEDONIAN ROAD, LONDON, N1 9DX.
Convenient Collect Limited [Hub-Box] incorporated and registered in England with company number 09271441, whose registered office is at UNIT 3, 6 MORIE STREET, LONDON, ENGLAND, SW18 1S.
Royal Mail Group Limited incorporated and registered in England with company number 04138203, whose registered office is at 100 VICTORIA EMBANKMENT, LONDON, EC4Y 0HQ.
All Fopp and HMV branded stores and store.hmv.com financial transactions are handled through payment services provider WorldPay (UK) Limited. We will share information with our payment services provider only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing payments you make via store.hmv.com, refunding such payments and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds.
Last updated: 13th May 2019